I’m a 47-year-old IT professional living in Holly Springs, North Carolina. I’m originally from Jacksonville, Florida. I’ve spent the last decade and a half in the outsourcing industry working in various Operations, IT and Product Management roles in the HR BPO and health insurance industries. In my current role I oversee teams of business architects, financial analysts and project managers. I’m a Six Sigma Black Belt and a process quality expert. Other professional credentials I hold include Certified Agile Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO). I work far too many hours.
Here are the roles I’ve held professionally in recent years:
- Sr. Director, Enterprise Business Solutions (health insurance industry)
- Director, Business Solutions & Strategy (health insurance industry)
- Solution Engineer (health insurance industry)
- Sr. Operations Manager (business process outsourcing industry)
- Product Manager (business process outsourcing industry)
- Operations Support Manager (business process outsourcing industry)
- Six Sigma Black Belt (business process outsourcing industry)
- Operations Data Control Specialist (business process outsourcing industry)
Prior to this I’ve worked in law enforcement as a police dispatcher and a reserve police officer. I miss the excitement of this type of work; I don’t miss the hours or working the weekends/holidays. I definitely don’t miss the pay.
I was born in Titusville (home of Kennedy Space Center) but we only lived there until I was two. I’ve never really known any other place than Jacksonville with the exception of a few years in Carlisle, Pennsylvania when I attended Dickinson College. I was a double major studying biological psychology and anthropology. I loved the Dickinson campus though I was not particularly happy at the College.
I live with my wife, Jen, who also attended Dickinson. We have two Boston Terriers, Jackson and Olive, which we adopted in mid-2013 after losing our first Boston Terrier, Clancy. In August 2014, we added a baby boy, Brian, to our family.